Are an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social wellbeing. They were founded in 1948 and remain the longest-serving relationships service provider in NSW.
Their courses, services and counselling are designed to enable you to make positive choices about your relationships and life situations, to strengthen relationships within your family and community, and to manage conflict and change when necessary.
The services available at Relationships Australia (NSW) include:
- Counselling for individuals and couples;
- Family therapy – including child inclusive practice where appropriate;
- Family and relationship education and skills training;
- Services for children, adolescents, parents and grandparents;
- Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution, including specific services for separating families;
- Specialised Family Safety Programs
- Children’s Contact Services and a Parenting Orders Program
- Aftercare services for young people leaving care
- Support Services for Forgotten Australians (Wattle Place)
- Special programs for humanitarian entrants and
- Community building and community hubs
- Contributing to the development of Aboriginal Child and Family centres in regional locations
- Training for professionals at both vocational and Higher Education levels
To find out more about Relationships Australia in your state please visit their national website at www.relationships.com.au and for those in NSW visit www.nsw.relationships.com.au for full details.