THE AIDS COUNCIL OF NSW
ACON is New South Wales’ leading health promotion organisation
specialising in HIV prevention, HIV support and lesbian, gay, bisexual,
transgender and intersex (LGBTI) health.
What they do:
- ACON promotes the health and wellbeing of the LGBTI community and people with HIV.
- They provide information and support for people at risk of or affected by HIV, including sex workers, people who use drugs and the family and/or carers of people with HIV.
- They run HIV prevention programs for the groups most at risk of HIV transmission – gay men, sex workers and people who inject drugs.
- For people with HIV, their families and carers, ACON provides a broad range of health promotion and support services. In the area of policy and advocacy,
- They can provide advice on issues related to HIV and human rights.
ACON's work also covers other health issues for our communities such as:
- Sexual health
- Mental health
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Tobacco Cessation
- Homophobic violence
- Domestic violence
- Community care
- Workplace Equality
ACON have a broad range of services that are accessible to those living in Sydney. Their web resources can of course be accessed from anywhere with a web connection and we highly recommend visiting their site for some of the most up to date sexual health information available anywhere.
Visit them at www.acon.org.au